Saturday, October 25, 2008

Home Improvement

I have been wanting to get rid of the bookshelves in the family room for quite a while now and I finally got my wish. It was time for our bulk trash pick-up and I told Steve this was a great opportunity to take them out. So, we spent the entire day clearing off shelves, finding new homes for everything, tearing out and chopping up the bookshelves. After we got them out we decided it would look better if we took out the brick pillars that went up from the mantle. So, we took those out as well. Then we decided to get rid of our couches. What a breath of fresh air! Now all we need is some new furniture, new paint and new flooring. . . .
I love being a happy homeowner!


1 comment:

Laura said...

It looked soooo much better without the 3 bookshelves and pillars. So awesome!! And I never got to tell you that I loved the full back porch too! (I was busy getting dog poop off my feet - but the porch was great!) Hehe