Thursday, December 16, 2010

A light

I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. . . .after 3 days of headache and nausea I'm ready for a change. (I only threw up once-the first day, but the Dr's feel that my body had enough time to absorb enough radiation to do the trick) I haven't been able to eat and drink like I'm supposed to (lots of fluids to help flush out the excess radiation) and I was a little dehydrated. So, yesterday I took some anti-nausea meds which have helped a LOT. The only drawback is that it knocks me out. But, it seems to be doing the trick and I've been able to get some more fluids in me. My face/neck are a bit puffy this morning. The extra sleep has been good except that I've been having really bizarre, crazy dreams or nightmares. No fun. The kids have been really good about staying away and being good for Steve. I think Steve will be the most grateful when all of this is over. He's been working from home this week, trying to shuffle kids, deal with all the stresses of work, and take care of me. Poor guy is worn out!

A HUGE thank you to everyone who has helped us out with food and rides and kids. It has been such a relief to not have to worry about that on top of everything else. What would we do without friends and family? You guys are awesome!!! Thank you!

PS Steve just came in to tell me that we have a broken main pipe in the front yard. When it rains, it pours. . . One more thing to fix. Anyone know a good plumber?



PPS Thanks to Kathie for fixing up my blog to match the season! You did awesome!!

No comments: